Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Qualification

Last night, while knitting, I said to my husband, if there would be anybody asking me about my qualification, in any case, I would say that I was graduated from the south district primary school in Ningxiang. As a reply, he gave me a strange look.
I think, he might even be a bit scared by my abrupt utterance, which shown no trace of context. He has very reason to presume that I made myself vexed from the trouble of searching for gift boxes. Poor him.
Nevertheless, I mean it, when I say that I am only qualified with primary education. Actually, comparing with those people, who had never finished their school but made great achievement in different fields, I am not even confident to say that. A certificate or degree or any academic title, is really not sufficient to be counted as a proof of ability, or even, knowledge.
However, I can understand the feeling of my husband too. As a German, who is soaked in a society, which has a strong sense of system, he is not used to this kind of statement. But I also believe that he would get used to it soon. Because, as an individual, he is really flexible enough to take all kinds of views and feelings in account.
Responding to his strange look, I said, 'what's a big deal?'

No comments: