Tuesday, October 18, 2011

some casual notes


just come back from the bookfair plus home-visiting trip. The first 'oh!' from my husband was caused by the box, which was standing on the stair together with an unexpected receipt from the custom. Sure, the money has already paid. Our landlord paid it for us. How nice! But the custom office has obviously made some mistake.
When I went to the bank to get some cash this morning, there was a guy sleeping in the cash center. What a smart idea. While the outdoor temperature is only 3 degrees, that is really a warm, clean and secure place for spending a night.
Uncle Hans wished my book to become the best-seller, when we met on the 'Taufe' party. It reminds me of what one of my friend said, she would keep my book well enough, because I am becoming famous. hahahah~~~~~~~~~I am such a failure. I guess I would keep disappointing people from this perspective.
All the fruits are having fantastic harvest this year, while the hot days were really rare. My parents-in-law have already traded their apples with apple juice and apple wine, but they are still 'suffering' from too many apples stored in the cellar.
One of the cousin's family of my husband went to the USA in July this year. They visited another cousin who has been working there for many years. The concern of the brother-in-law of my husband is quite interesting. He thinks that it is now the right time to have this trip finally, because through the living style of the girlfriend's American family of the cousin, it would be possible to get some insight of the culture there, while with the cousin alone, everything would be still staying German.



No comments: