Monday, October 10, 2011

the confused history



Actually, I don't really know how to describe what is going on in my mind now, while I feel that there is no anything in this world which is isolated and all things are linked in a massive web of cause-effect circle.
My brother is confused, or say, disturbed, by my father's behavior.
On the surface, it looks like that my father's current action has caused the revival of the rumor which existed once, 50 years ago. If the current happening didn't happen, then, the history would be buried in the past.
The rumor says, the girlfriend of my father at the moment, was the one with whom my father had affair some 50 years ago.
My brother is suffering from this information, because it is totally new to him. But to me, it clears up the mist in the story, because I had a faint idea about what had happened 50 years ago. My mother told me that, while she was ill.
From the angle of a woman, I feel sorry for my mother, because I know how hurt it could be, when the one whom you love does not love you any more. But from the angle of a daughter, I feel more sorry for my father, because my mother didn't keep her emotion inside the family range, but rather report to the 'organization'. So, technically speaking, she ruined my father's political life, while we can not deny that my father seeded that decay.
Nevertheless, I think that no matter what and no matter when, I would never accept that when one is handling family matter in the public way. Most probably, my mother didn't know the nature of her action. But, it was cruel. When a family problem has been publicized, is more or less like a death penalty has been announced, to love, or to one's future, or to any positive possibilities.
If aunt Zhang is really the one who attracted my father 50 years ago, with their current relation in mind, I feel sorry for both of them, for that their emotional life has been suffered for such a long time.
Now, they have already stepped out their very first step. I hope that they would not have to suffer further from the rumors.
I asked my brother if he has read Jia Pingwa's The Report on Morbidities, because the story in the book reminds me of the story in our family, so very much.

No comments: