Thursday, June 9, 2011

some reading record

I commentd one year ago:
An excellent work! The arrangement of the structure and the exquisite depiction of inner character of the protagonist and the outer character of the society, contribute to a nearly perfect work in the whole, to the picky readers.
The only thing that draws a tiny unsatisfactory sense from it, is its sort of too idealistic ending.

Honestly, I forgot what it is about, when the book cover appeared in front of me now, but only remember that I have read it some time ago.


about one year ago, I noted :
A fair enough work with very interesting literature approaching and insight on the perspective of the helpless situation of human being in the context of society. Nevertheless, the shortcoming of this kind of approach is also seeded, while the narrative tone is too personal, the scale of vision, when considering the political and economical influence on the mind of the individuals, is then inevitably limited and blurred up.


********************************
By picking up these words from the visual bookshelf at facebook, I have crossed some comments which are made by some western readers on some books accidentally. As an immediate reaction, I felt that my blood was rushing into my head hastily and the extreme pessimistic feeling on literature was overwhelming. Imagining that those people are so called book-lovers, I could only tell myself that one should really not take culture too seriously, or simply pushing oneself to the crazy boundary. If Mo Yan's Republic of Wine could only remind them of merely Chinese dining culture, what is the meaning for Chinese writers to crying out upon the ugly reality with their artistic but critical and desperate voice?

No comments: