Monday, May 20, 2013

Bavarian Hollywood

My husband and I have paid a visit to the so called 'Bavarian Hollywood' yesterday. From its name, one can already unmistakenly imagine that it is a film factory. It is located in the range of 4th ring of Munich, a place called green forest (gruenwald).

On the way to there, my husband said, look, something which is named after 'wood' has actually got nothing to do with wood, while something which is really situated right in the wood, has no need to crown itself with 'wood' at all.


I kind of like this statement, because I don't like any sort of invasive or misleading gesture. Nevertheless, I don't think the careless character of Germans (on presentation) is some kind of quality that one should feel proud of, on the other hand. At least, they should not let the poor godess of justice carrying all those parasite plants on her body.

The sunshine was rather beautiful in the morning when we went out and it made me regret that I didn't wear my sunglasses. Nevertheless, the weather had soon turned to the totally opposite. Gosh, the wind made me sneezed a great deal, half from allergy, half from coldness. I prayed for that I would not catch cold because of this worthless outing.

We spent 27,5 Euro per head as entrance fee and got an paper armband for each of us. 
As souvenir, we pressed two 5 cents coins, one with Das Boot, another, with Bavaria Filmstadt on it. I like this kind of coin-press machine. I could never avoid its attraction, wherever I saw it. 1 Euro is the required expense, for every press.

Wearing the armband, we had a guided tour around the film studios and then visited Bullyversum. In between them, we took a break to escape from the coldness and thrashed into the big M and had an awful lunch there. Thanks God, how good that we didn't have to take the train and travel a long way to get there.

It is a place might make children happy, because the guided tour offers the special interactive experiences of film production, in the studios. But to me, not surprisingly, I was only impressed by the German mechanic technology. On this aspect, there are enough substantial evidences to support their proud.









No comments: