Thursday, November 3, 2011

what needs to be hidden

















My aunt mentioned that my father and my oldest uncle met in the canteen of an ecological center by accident, from our phone conversation today. But my father didn't tell me about that.
One big monster inside a person, is the untamed pride. I assume that this character cannot only apply to peasants or intellectuals, but rather to nearly everybody.
This uncle of me is the first electronic engineer in our whole family, who graduated from Tsinghua. So it is nature, to my understanding, if his behavior or his way of speaking is a bit blunt, because he couldn't see the necessity of tackling a thing through an indirect way. But during his study years, my parents were his financial supporters. It is quite normal among Chinese families, where the financially independent children have got the duty for giving a hand to the parents, whose income is rather limited. But the problem is that everybody has got a different point of view on the contributing part and the beneficial part, due to, generally speaking, the habitual double standard judgment.
Anyway, some time early this year, while my father was having computer sessions in my uncle's place, my father felt that he had been unbearably insulted and humiliated by my uncle. Without detailed description, I can already imagine what was the situation. There are really something in this world that looks easy enough in the eyes of scientific-minded person, but simply incomprehensible to those who have got only humanity knowledge in their head. Problematically, non of them are willing to admit that the others might be more intelligent or advanced than oneself.
So, my father demands an apologize without saying it specifically, but merely cooled his contact to my uncle in an inactive fashion, while it is a giant action for my uncle to put down his pride and realize the flaw in his personality, sincerely.
But now, they met in somewhere like that coincidentally. How could that happen?
Through out the whole life, these two brothers, both of them, are so proud of themselves for their 'no compromise' personality. Nevertheless, how many times they had been hunt down by the reality? From perspectives of their political career, their professional career, or even their family life, for how many times they had to deceive themselves from the truth and had been forced to give in and actually they did? In the end, they could only keep their erogance attitude against the power which is not powerful or not harmful enough for bringing them a real damage.
... ...

No comments: