Saturday, October 22, 2011

Preparing the hibernation


I feel extremely sleepy these days and tend to fall asleep any time during the day, no matter if it is on the couch at home or on the train or bus outside. The sky is showing its face more and more hesitantly in mornings and withdrawing earlier and earlier in afternoons. It is the time for preparing the hibernation.
My husband is still making coffee for me in the weekends, while I let myself staying in bed longer than he. But as usual, he does not make tea for himself. :-)
I asked him if he has finished reading the catalog of Iceland literature last night before falling asleep, at the breakfast table this morning. He answered 'yes'. But immediately, he added, he has skipped the part of crime novels, because there is no something written by somebody like Agatha Christie. This is the ever working fun-talk between he and I, due to my admiration to Agatha Christie. We went on with this topic a little further. He mentioned some other names from the crime novel field but non of them could arouse a clue from my memory. I told him that all the names which I could remember from the crime story field, are merely Agatha Christie, Conan Doyle and Seicho Matsumoto. These names can stay in my memory, only because I have read at least more than one works from them. Bad with names, is still one of my typical characters. I do not feel sorry for it.

I have just read a passage from Tang Feng's Give Me a Girl when I am Eighteen Years Old. It says, "人类的大脑远远大于实际需要,中世纪人类的生活就已经很安逸舒适了,之后的所谓进步或者异化实际是大脑在作怪,你开一阵宝马感觉和小面没大区别。超常大 小的大脑绝对是异端,本质上是一种肿瘤。" Interesting remark. Probably this is the reason which supports the necessity of hibernation?

I saw a young bee lying on the windowsill, while I was taking things out from the dish-washer. Often enough, I saw dead body of bees lying somewhere on the floor and hence I concluded that they like to commit suicide inside our place. So, probably this is another one of them? I used a paper-towel, which is fold twice, to attract its attention and it climbed onto it with some effort. Yes, the action was not an easy one to it, I can tell from its slowness. Would they prefer to live outside in the nature? I am not sure. But anyway, I tried to free it from the window. But it didn't fly away. On the contrary, its feet grabbed on the paper-towel rather firmly. That's a great effort, I guess, because I think that it is actually quite weak physically. Scared by the coldness outside then? Still not sure. I moved my hand in from the window and held the paper-towel into the living room and put it onto the coffee-table. Immediately, the little bee went into the fold of the paper-towel and dwelt itself 'indoor'.

2 comments:

lucy said...

原来在看《十八岁给我一个姑娘》。

about the criminal story, I would recomend 台湾作家九把刀,he is very clever and makes story attractvely criminal.

Bad with names, me too, you seems much better than me.

ayu1234 said...

嗯,这种书看得快,哗哗地就是一本。
有关侦探小说,俺十几二十岁的时候很着迷。侦探的,谍报的,都是外国的。好像印象中只有文革那年月才看国内的侦探小说。嗯嗯,“因子”曾经唤起过俺那会儿的记忆,还传抄来着,不过现在又忘了。看样子还是不够老。哈哈~~~~啊,《一双绣花鞋》,记得吗?不过,这好像只是其中的一章。