Wednesday, October 5, 2011

the dream from last night


I dreamt about my thesis tutor and Jia Pingwa, the famous rural novel writer.
Certainly, at this moment, the plot of the dream has turned rather vague already, but I still remember that they were friends in my dream. My tutor went to Jia's place with a big box of tea, as gift.
Jia was practicing his calligraphy, when we arrived. Yes, it seems I was there, too. Jia said something concerning his theory of calligraphy. But what was that? No idea. I couldn't remember. In reality, I don't think that Jia's calligraphy is worth compliments. Nevertheless, he feels comfortable with it. That's what counts.
My tutor was taking photos with his little new camera. This idea must be derived from what I saw when I visited him last time in Beijing.
It started raining. My tutor was using an umbrella, that its binding cap in the center could be removed easily. Firstly, it was easy to be removed. Later, it was broken. It had no influence to the umbrella at all. The umbrella stayed firm and handy.
But why, and when, did they go out? What for? No idea.
When I returned to Jia's place, a lot of his colleagues were distributing something. That's the scene, which could be happened normally, in any of Danwei, in my memory. The tea box, which my tutor brought to there, was gone. I asked them where it was. A woman said ah somebody took it. I asked her to take it back, in a strict non-negotiatable manner. She said, what's the big deal? The one who took it loves it very much.
What kind of logic was that? I hate this kind of 'logic'.

2 comments:

lucy said...

seems you are continueing your trip in china.

ayu1234 said...

hmm, my memory about China is rooted too deep.