Monday, July 4, 2011

our logo

this is the result of what I worked yesterday evening. we consider to use it as the logo for Salamanderhütte as well as for our family library (傅韦图书馆), while it contains the initial letter of both Kai's and my family name.
Kai thinks that it looks like a candle-hold while it to me, looks more like a scissor or, the tools for repairing shoes. Anyway, again, his mind is so much brighter and positive than mine.
Nevertheless, I also like the feeling of that they are side by side and being part of each other.


******************************************


Finished the reading of Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter. Thanks to my dear husband, the reading sessions have really brought me a great pleasure. First of all, the work itself is entertaining enough, while the value of it can not be only measured at the entertaining level. During all the sessions, it aroused different speculations and casual and instinctive discussions among us, especially, the symbolic meanings which are conveyed by those radio episodes. Sure, resulted from all these reading sessions, the book looks rather wore out now. Nevertheless, those radio episodes worth second reading, I feel.

2 comments:

Kai Weber said...

The logo has many different aspects, that makes it so good. Scissor and candle-hold could be seen in there, but also swords or sickles. And certainly the first letters of our names. And probably with the time being we would find even more. I think this logo can still grow and develop together with us :-) Great design work, my dear!
I'm glad you enjoyed listening to Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter as much as I enjoyed reading it to you

ayu1234 said...

my god! qinaide, your words are sooooooo touching.........
Have you seen our new website of salamanderhutte? waiting for your professional opinions.:-)