Saturday, July 23, 2011

The lucky points of enlightenment

天下大地,平而无偏,但在智能的发射上并不均匀。往往只有几个块面,甚至几个小点,决定着世界上很多人的思维。


——《千年一叹》p404

The experience that I got from these day's communication is interesting enough, no matter from online life or factual life.

A little longer than one week ago, I have given a public notice for the birth of my book and offered the possibility of claiming the autographed books without any cost but merely giving ones personal data such as name and address.
The feedback to this notice is a huge sheet of silence, that surrounds a confused question from my best friend Lucy, due to the unfamiliar email address to her, and an explicit refusal from Zisu, with an understandable and acceptable but not convincing reason.
I feel really curious about the cause behind this silence. I tend to consider, that the readers of my blog are people who are rather convinced of their own intelligence and therefore, the message which is conveyed there by my words, no matter how playful they are, should not be inconceivable. Then, is that they kept themselves from action due to that they suspect the nature of my words? Nevertheless, if they have followed my writing for long enough, they should know that I am a person who despise all kinds of gimmick postures or tiny tricks. From this perspective, then, I am forced to assume that they are making judgment with themselves in front of the mirror again. Oh my! The reality is really helplessly bitter. The funny thing is that the thumb-up sign below the blog article has been hit for 19 times with only 6 showing their blogger identity. Further more, in the comment area of the blog article, which meant to be the follow up action of the first notice, there are quite a few claimed that they 'want' the gift but still, without giving any further information.
The interesting and bitter experience from the substantial matter is coming from the communication with the printing house, concerning shipping details of the finishing product of my books.
In the beginning, I passed some information that I got from Internet to them and said, if the cost could be kept within the range as what the website advertised, it would be the ideal case. As the reply to my information, the printing house gave me a price of DHL , which are times more expensive than what I saw from the website which I found. Then, I asked them if there are possible cheaper ways as I am actually not too urgent to access this lot of books. Then, the reply is another list of speed shipping quotation, which comes from actual logistic companies. I held down my impatient feeling and send them another request, which explicitly asking for door to door sea shipment price. As a new challenge to my temper, I got the sea shipment quotation with very attractive price, but, not door to door.
... ...

No comments: