Monday, July 18, 2011

Dream

Dreamt about doing not respectful jobs again in a company together with Kai. Kai resigned his job in anger, because he couldn't bear the tyrannic boss any longer. Then, I was facing the question of staying or not. It seemed that I resigned as well eventually. But the question turned more severe then, more primitive and substantial, because the fact which followed, was starving. When one would be starving, the chance for caring about dignity would become even rear.
I met a woman who came from Hunan there. She was also doing some unimportant job.
And then, the scenario changed into a street. I was ringing the doorbells door by door and asking if they need any domestic helper.
Later, Kai turned into Kin and he was selling a roll of his father's painting to a workshop. That was not a workshop of art, but rather indistinguishable. The young man who worked there was nice. At least I felt that way in the dream. He offered 3 thousands of HKD and Kin was trying to add some more. But the young man said that it was already generous enough. I thought that he was generous enough too in the beginning. But then, I was not sure about the quantity of painting which Kin gave him in that roll. I lost my ability of calculating. The young man seemed knowing Kin for long already. So I reckoned, that's actually the way that he kept everyday life financed. 20 paintings for 3 thousands? Then, what its difference from selling crafts in Stanley? I remember that Chan Chik could never accept the moral reality when artists sell their paintings only for the sake of money. I remember the way when he talked about the case, when Chan Kau On sold a painting, which he messed up, for 100 HKD.
Then, Zhang Yimou appeared in the dream and collected a lot of Chan Chik's painting. Actually, he was the real buyer of Kin's rolls. Besides, he brought me hope too.
An unrealistic happy ending.
What a romantic and idealistic dream.
Probably that is why do I feel so sleepy this morning?

2 comments:

lucy said...

my god, if i missed the begining, i would think it is real, not a dream.

ayu1234 said...

dream is something really amazing, while it mixes real and unreal elements together and makes one bewildered after wake up.