Wednesday, June 15, 2011

gypsing

Yesterday, I have been thinking the matter of how to introduce the term ‘走穴', and how to view the big change, which it caused on my life.
It is certainly not a new word. It has been used to describe the phenomenon, that entertainers are running from one stage to another for living, originally.
Generally speaking, '走穴' to me, has two aspects of meaning.
Firstly, it suspended my literature practice, while the object was just on its way of showing a rising sprout. Considering this aspect, it was an unnecessary and tremendous waste of time, because I have never lost my interest on literature and writing inside. Therefore, it still causes pain from time to time.
Nevertheless, it brought me into a totally new phrase of life on the other hand. It filled in different content, opened my eyes to a wider and wilder world, which I would probably never have a chance to experience, or would only realize many years later, if I would have followed the norm of circumstance and stayed in the hospital.
Although 走穴 to me was more or less the same as playing the role of gypsy temporarily, however, no matter how did I feel detest of that group of people, whom I worked with, for their derogated intellectual and moral standard, when thinking back now, I found that that was the destined opportunity, which ensured me a richer view on people who came from different backgrounds and social groups.
Hence, according to my utilitarian point of view, that was a gain, after all.

No comments: