Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My hero husband

My hero husband is injured. Knowing him as a absolute peace lover, certainly, there is no need to set the background as war.
Yesterday, when I back home from outside, he came to the edge of the stairs to welcome. He always does so, and it makes me always believe that he misses me terribly, after a whole day without valuable enough communication with me. But this time, he came with a hand held up, and its thumb wrapped in a messy bunch of handkerchief.
'Oh my god!' I said, 'you got yourself cut.'
He admitted immediately without even a little bit self-defending attempt.
'Sorry,' he said, 'I didn't expect that the new knife is really so sharp.'
I believe that my eyesight was not so enjoyable by then, because I could imagine how painful it could be when the injury happened to fingers.
He was cutting onion when he got himself cut, while he intended to prepare my favorite dish -- sauerkraut pizza.
'It is only a knife for cutting tomatoes,' I said.
'Yes,' he replied immediately, 'we need to find a knife for cutting onions.'
What can I say? He certainly knows that I didn't mean that he should cut himself with an onion-knife instead of a tomato-knife.
Nevertheless, the pizza is really tasty, as always.

3 comments:

lucy said...

Supper sweet. Is Grace Fu your daughter? she is so pretty. Like your english web site, and like your chinese one as well. Lucy

ayu1234 said...

Hello Lucy!
hehe, I have to admit that it is really a kind of surprising to me that there would be ever anybody who is giving comment on my English blog. It is sooooo nice of you.
It might disappoint you if I say that the girl in the photo has nothing to do with me nor to my family. But I feel that she is cute too.
Grace

Spring Day said...

Hm, I like your English and your Chinese web site too! And as a polyglot person, do you have plans to start a blog in German and Japanese, too?
Hm, I think even though you don't have a relation to the girl in the photo, at least both of you share the quality of sleepiness :-)