Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The right procedure (followed by the right result)


This time, I decide to let my husband taking care of the affair, when dealing with the post office and the custom, regarding the books which have been sent from Hong Kong.
Normally, when I sent parcels through the post office, I would check the 'gift' box, or gave a remark of 'personal belonging' under the choice of 'others', as the description of content. But my husband refused to state anything in an unclear way. He thinks that we should not only to be honest, but also to be honest in every detail. So, he marked the parcel content as 'Goods', because we are really going to sell those books in Germany, no matter how many copies we have already given away for free.
Now, the books are kept in the custom office. We went there with the receipt from the printing company last Friday, by train, and asked them how much we should pay for the import value-added-tax. But they said that they would not process unless we take the parcels away by ourselves. The problem was, how could we take the parcels home without a car and why didn't they make it clear when they gave us a notice? Totally illogical. So, we went there for nothing, but only consumed two and half hours of time.
Sure, the staff there are not philosophers. They do not need to have brain. At least, probably according to the training they have had, they allowed us to write a note in some document and ask the post office to deliver the parcels again, to our door, as they are supposed to do so by duty.
However, nothing happened this week, until now. I can sense the very upset feeling in me.
I don't like this kind of present. It is simply too complicated to a lazy person. From the import and export experience that I had in Hong Kong, for those things with small quantity, one tended to avoid high tax by issuing under-valued invoice and it worked without complication.
But now, starting from the very beginning, my husband has registered everything according to the lawful official procedure. It seems not worth the effort to me, because I am not even sure, if it could be called as a business, or if I would go on with it in future. Nevertheless, I would really like to see what and how exactly would happen, when one goes through all the steps with right procedure, because I am really curious about that if the virtue of righteousness really works in this society, though witnessing the procedure is not only annoying, but torturing.

The result is, again, surprisingly positive. (28/10)

No comments: