Thursday, December 23, 2010

big story

cultural difference can really enlarge the little conflicts into their extreme.
now, what's next?
knowing that we should really not expect any material contribution from the western parents, I am now quite calm.

so, something in my mind which was so naturally true without saying, it is actually a wrong expectation.

Since I saw the love of the parents of my husband, therefore I assumed that they would be willing to give whatever support to us and it was easy to aware of the situation when we were going through some hardship. So, by the time when I moved to their place, I didn't have any hesitance, because I assumed that they were willing to provide a shelter to us, (while I thought that they were able to do so,) although I felt like to pay them rental. But obviously I was wrong. The rental made them very angry and therefore we stopped paying after 3 months. At the same time, they didn't let me feel that we were living together with them, but only living in a place, with their mercy, where they provided to us.

The lecture that I have gotten from this story is that

1. Love could be simply sentimental and it is not necessarily linked with action. No matter how weird it seems to me, it could be the reality.

2. The hardship in my eyes and that affects my feeling, does not have to be the hardship in the eyes of the others and therefore would not affects the feeling of the others.

3. Something which I feel easy to notice and to aware, might not be so obvious to the others.

No comments: