Saturday, September 4, 2010

rather sad

Today is the birthday of my brother, so I gave him a call to send my greeting and good wishes. We chatted crossing many subjects. Among them, health problem was the main topic. Besides, I informed him that my sister and her son have arrived in Beijing already, my father is in Shenzhen alone now. The place of my sister has not been let out, because it is too troublesome for them to taking care of the moving process. To this point, my brother expressed his understanding on how troublesome that the moving process could be by mentioning that they are thinking about letting out the place of my mother too. He said that there are enough people who showed their interests on renting the place, but as the first step, they have to get the place emptied. Now, the action of empty up the place has suspended after the very first attempt, due to their health problem, the heat of the weather, and there are too many things which could not find a place to store. Then, he told me that they packed all the books of my father, and sold them for two to three hundreds RMB. That's the price of the waste paper, I guess.

1 comment:

Spring Day said...

They should read Hrabal's short novel "Too Loud a Solitude", then maybe they'll understand the value of "waste paper".