Thursday, March 25, 2010

therefore, duty

I made a phone call to a friend in HK after breakfast, because the conversation with him was cut off due to the value of his phone-card was extinct yesterday. Sure, nothing special, except the matter of his sick mother, the helpless case.

then, I made a phone call to my father too, because I felt a force of duty which asked me to do so. Nearly the entire family of my mother's side came to pay my mother a visit from Sichuan, because they thought that it should be the time for the last call. I talked with them one after another, different sentiment, different concern. but the expression of the aunt-in-law, whom I met some twenty years ago once, was quite explicit regarding the up-coming truth one would have to face, while my sister's boy sounded so very sad and rather believes that his grandma will not die so soon. The funny thing was that I started talking with him about the value of life. hope he would really understand. not sure.

so......I guess we should be prepared, for our 'last call', too.

No comments: