Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Stollen project

One should never be surprised by the reaction when presenting a German bread or cake in front of a Chinese. I guess the reason is quite simple; the concept of baking products are totally diverged in these two countries. Bread should be soft and with variety of flavors or fillings in the taste-scent of Chinese, hence no wonder that they could never imagine that cake could be firm and hard.

This is really an amusing thing to me.

The funny part is that I myself is a Chinese, and I do not like soft bread and cream cakes before I moved to Germany already. Sure, I should be more explicit about that. By then, I didn't like any bread, including German bread. Nevertheless, I was charmed by the German cake immediately from the very first try. And afterward, I have even turned into a bread-lover. It sounds quite absurd, I know that, but it is true. Okay, then, I once brought a cake which I baked by myself back to China, to show to my family that I am now able to do something which could have never imagined before. Certainly, to share the tasty thing with the others at the meantime. Unfortunately, nearly no one shared my taste. They simply couldn't imagine, how could a cake without cream? That hurts. I guess everybody would feel so. Then, 2 months ago, I had bought a Stollen and brought it back to China, because it is typically German Christmas food. However, it shared the same fate as the last cake.

Yesterday, when my father told me on the phone, that The project is in process, as it is a conspiracy between him and me, I was totally confused and asked for an explanation. Then, he told me that he is consuming the Stollen these days, alone, piece by piece.

4 comments:

Kai Weber said...

... and he likes it!

ayu1234 said...

呵呵,你说得对!

Kai Weber said...

So, with this "test" he proved that he could survive in Germany for three or four weeks... Would be nice if he could visit his daughter there.

ayu1234 said...

你又说对了。你怎么那么聪明呢?:-)