Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Red's birthday

She is my best friend. Our friendship has more than 30 years history until now, so I made a phone call to her for giving my good wishes on her birthday. But that is not a routine, because there is no routine between us.

She was surprised by my call, and caught only the later half of my birthday greeting. That's her, often enough, caught only half of what I said. I had to repeat the boring 'happy birthday' greeting before wished her a good health in her future life. The later part is what I really concern, especially in the passed year.

But she then told me the news regarding her health condition last year. She had a strange sort of allergy, which she never had before, for several months from Spring to Summer. And then, had an operation in Autumn because of breasts tumor. Now, she is carrying 'diamonds' in her kidneys.

Horrible aging. What else I could wish other than healthiness?

No comments: