Thursday, December 10, 2009

Strange Tears

It was the night before my departure back to Germany. Heartlessly speaking, I was really longing for getting away from a place where no means of peace.


Holding the water basin, which was just used for washing my mother's feet, and withdrawing from her room, I heard some sound came out from the room of my father. The light was switched off there, so he was supposedly sleeping. But the sound made me saw his face with closed eyes and earphone lying somewhere on his pillow. I could be sure that the sound was coming out of the earphone of his recording pen. “一轮红日照心间... ...” I was sure that the song is from one of the model-drama during the cultural revolution era, which I sang and recorded for my father in one of the evening during my visit this time.


As usual, I went to bed around 11:30 in the darkness. But my sleep was awfully disturbed. I couldn't fall asleep easily, because I couldn't control my tears from running. For avoiding the sound which might be noticed by my mother, who was sleeping by my side, I didn't even dare to dry my tears...

6 comments:

Spring Day said...

These tears are most understandable. Your father is a tender man, living with a wife and a daughter who are not so... I deplore him too

ayu1234 said...

I always believe that no matter how eveil a person is, he/she should cause no war within the family. This is what and why we Chinese say, 虎毒不食子。If one's love cannot even apply to his/her family, who and where else it could go? And how trustworthy it could be?

Spring Day said...

Hm, unlike friends you cannot choose family members. The closeness of a family is not self-chosen, but at the same time family members are forced (well, more or less) to stay close to each other. Therefore it is much easier that conflict is caused within a family than outside of it.

ayu1234 said...

So, it is so much cozier and healthier lying in the water than in the blood. :-)

Spring Day said...

Yes, but according to Cleopatra the most comfortable thing is lying in horsemilk ;-)

ayu1234 said...

hehe, I guess that is only speaking from the perspective of the comfort of the women's sexuality.